The Royal School of Church Music (RSCM), holds to the core Christian belief that each person has value and dignity which comes directly from God’s creation of humanity in His own likeness. Among other things, this implies a duty to value each person as someone who bears the image of God and is loved equally by God, and therefore should be protected from harm.
The RSCM is committed to safeguarding as an integral part of our life and ministry. Safeguarding is about the action we take to promote a safer culture. This means we will:
- Work to prevent abuse from occurring
- Seek to protect, respond well and care pastorally for those that have been abused
- Identify where a person may pose a risk to others and assess what level of involvement is possible whilst taking steps to mitigate such risk
- Promote a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruit and support all those with any role or responsibility related to children and adults at risk of harm within the life of the RSCM
- Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
We have safeguarding policies and procedures which assist us in protecting and safeguarding all who participate in any RSCM activity.
Any concerns, or for further information, ring Jane Fisher, RSCM Safeguarding Officer, on 07908 469 587 or email email@example.com