NB. We are moving to a new system to take donations and payments online. If the page looks unfamiliar, this could be the reason
Support the Royal School of Church Music
As a charity proud of its rich heritage, we are dedicated to supporting, nurturing and sustaining church music. Our vision is underpinned by the three key aspirations;
• We will redouble our efforts to encourage the church to recognise the power of live music as an agent for growth.
• We will encourage and support churches to make the most of the musical resources they have and to be ambitious about their music making.
• We will ensure that future flourishing of church music by inspiring young people.
Our mission has never been needed more than now. Please make a donation to encourage the development of church music and musicians, to help to bring people closer to God through music and to support the promotion of music in worship and excellence in music.
How your gift could make a difference
- • £2,000 will go towards updating our digital equipment, improving the quality of our online resources
- • £1,000 will go towards the authoring of a complete new hymn for Hymnpact!®, expanding our resources for schools and churches
- • £500 will fund a summer residential place for a young singer on one of our courses
- • £250 will pay for a new Education Menu course, helping church musicians access relevant training at a local level
- • £100 will cover the costs of a webinar, supporting church musicians in learning from their own homes
- • £50 would contribute to a workshop on one of our courses, expanding the horizons of young musicians
- • £20 might buy 10 copies of an anthem for our courses library
You can help support the work of the RSCM by making a single donation of any amount you choose; by setting up a monthly, quarterly or annual direct debit; or by Becoming a Friend.
*Please make sure you tick the Gift Aid box if you are eligible.
Comments received during 2022
‘Thank you for all the interesting magazines and music ideas. it has been a pleasure receiving so much help and information. Keep up the good work.’
‘the RSCM has given me years of joy’
‘Really enjoyed singing In our service – granddaughter sung it at home church in the morning, then was asked to sing it again in a service in the cathedral in the afternoon at short notice – a wonderful experience! Was worried that it would be too hard but thought it was wonderful in the end.’
‘All at church would like to thank the RSCM for the contribution you make to our music and in particular the guidance and help that RSCM gave us during lockdown, from which we believe we have emerged much stronger in both fellowship and musically.’
Your gift will help us to provide education programmes, training courses, specialist advice and publications to all those involved in making the music for our worship across different denominations, different ways of worship and different musical styles.
Make a Gift in Memory
Making a gift in memory of a loved-one, friend or colleague helps to honour their commitment to church music whether as an instrumentalist, leader, singer, congregant or someone who just enjoyed the music. These donations can be made individually here or by sending a cheque to our Head Office at 19 The Close, Salisbury, SP1 2EB with a note detailing in whose memory the donation has been made.
Families may also wish to honour a loved-one by asking for donations to the RSCM at the time of a funeral or memorial service. The Funeral Director can organise this for you and the monies will have a longer lasting legacy by supporting our mission to ensure the future flourishing of church music.
Leave a Legacy
Finally, please consider leaving a gift to the RSCM in your will: help us to ensure the future flourishing of church music.FIND OUT MORE HERE