RSCM Emerging Leaders
We are looking for aspiring choral directors to join the staff teams of our summer courses for young people (27-31 July and 22-28 August).
Emerging Leaders work with other staff to deliver an inspiring, high-quality and fun choral experience for the young singers who attend, as well as growing the skills they need to be a choral leader of the future. The role includes observing and leading rehearsals and small group sessions, as well as taking a share in supervision and pastoral care.
- An experienced choral singer based in the UK, who aspires to be a choral leader in a professional or semi-professional environment?
- Keen to learn and develop your skills, willing to try new things, and open to taking advice and direction?
- Willing to work collaboratively and flexibly to deliver a high-quality, safe and enjoyable course?
- Mature, responsible and organised and aware of the opportunities and challenges involved in working with young people?
- In sympathy with the ethos and aims of the RSCM?
A typical day might include...
- Directing a rehearsal for the evening service
- A session on conducting technique with other Emerging Leaders
- Supervising a singing lesson
- Working with a small group of young people on theory or sight-reading
- Organising free-time activities or co-ordinating an informal concert
First, download and read the Role Description.
Then, complete the application form below, and provide details for two referees. The deadline for applications is Tuesday 17 May.
The next stage is an online interview with members of the RSCM Education Team.
Successful candidates will be offered a role provisionally, subject to completion of safeguarding checks. This role requires a satisfactory DBS check and completion of a Confidential Self-Declaration and safeguarding training.
The role includes full-board accommodation for the duration of the course, travel expenses (within the UK only) and a small honorarium.