How can churches best use music to enhance worship and mission? A Panel Discussion at CRE – 18 October 2018
We are delighted to be hosting a panel discussion on how churches can best use music to enhance worship and mission at Christian Resources Exhibition, CRE, on Thursday 18 October. We will be sharing how church communities can discover the best ways of using the resources they have, including through our new publication, Inspiring Music in Worship.
The panel will consist of our Head of Ministerial Training and author of Inspiring Music in Worship, The Revd Canon Helen Bent; Hugh Morris, RSCM Director; Alan Mitchell, lay minister at St Augustine’s, Bromley; and Colin Randall, Rector of 7 rural parishes in the North Cotswolds.
This session will explain how Inspiring Music in Worship helps to:
- Build mutual respect and trust between worship leaders, musicians and congregations
- Directly address the frequent tension between traditional and contemporary forms of worship
- Affirm what is good and expand knowledge
- Allay fears & gently challenge misunderstandings and prejudice
- Develop shared language and encourage good collaboration
Admission to CRE 2018 costs £8 on the door but we invite you to attend free of charge with our compliments. To book in advance simply go to www.creonline.co.uk/tickets and enter discount code RSCM18 for your free ticket. Offer only applies to advance bookings made online.