Lift Up Your Voices; Lift Up Your Hearts – RSCM and Church Times Webinar: Tuesday 18 May, 10am – 4pm
As worship emerges from lockdown, join us and the Church Times as we explore questions of worship and music in an online seminar this May.
The webinar will include:
- A chance to learn new hymns and music in a restart of more participative worship.
- Facing the retention and recruitment challenges for choirs, and looking ahead to new possibilities. A solution to bridging the gap between schools and churches
- Training taster sessions for clergy
- Introducing the Revised English Hymnal, how to make the best use of Sunday by Sunday
- One License: your questions answered
Ticket holders can watch all the sessions at a time to suit, if you are not able to watch live.
10am Same old same old? Or fresh growth?
A consideration of how congregational singing could come back stronger after the pandemic, with a restart of more participative worship. ‘I know what I like, and I like what I know’…but what happens when others think the same but about different music for worship? With John Bell, Dr Noël Tredinnick, Anne Harrison and Miles Quick, chaired by Revd Canon Sal McDougall.
11am What next for choirs?
Facing the retention and recruitment challenges for choirs, and looking ahead to new possibilities. A solution to bridging the gap between schools and churches – introducing Hymnpact! With Hugh Morris, Tim Williams, Steven Maxson and Gill Fourie.
12pm Grasping the nettle – ‘help, I’m not a musician’
Training taster sessions for clergy. With Revd Helen Bent, Revd Canon Sal McDougall, and Revd Kimberly Bohan.
2pm Introducing the Revised English Hymnal
With a session on how to make the best use of Sunday by Sunday. With Revd Dr Gordon Giles and Revd Canon Martin Draper.
3pm One License: your questions answered
Join a live FAQ with Brenna Cronin.
To find out more and book click here.