Advertising in our magazines
RSCM members receive a discount on rates. The deadline for classified adverts is two months before publication.
I am glad to say that we have been able to make an appointment after advertising through RSCM. In fact it was the most productive advertisement that we have ever placed – thank you! (John Everest, Halesowen Parish Church)
Within two days of the advert appearing on your website we had a successful application and the position is now filled! (John Culver, St Uny Church, Lelant)
The prices below are for an advertisement in the classified section of CMQ and a listing for three months on the RSCM web site.
Advertisers may request a web listing without publication in CMQ but are still required to pay the full price.
All prices exclude VAT.
Affiliates and Individual Members: 50p per word (or abbreviated word) and number
Non-members and Friends: £1 per word (or abbreviated word) and number
Semi-display settings and premium position on website £15 extra
Minimum charge of £5
Orders should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; a postal address should be included for billing purposes. Classifieds will be listed on this site for three months from the time they are processed, regardless of which issue of the magazine they are published in.
The copy deadlines for classified advertising are:
- 1 January (March issue)
- 1 April (June issue)
- 1 July (September issue)
- 1 October (December issue)
Note to advertisers
It has come to our attention that some of our advertisers have been approached by criminals pretending to be genuine customers. These scams usually originate outside the UK and are usually conducted by email. Initial emails may seem like genuine enquiries but further emails usually request convoluted and bogus payment schemes.
When selling anything through our classified adverts, we recommend the following points:
- If possible, try to speak to the potential buyer by telephone. Email scammers are rarely willing to speak to their victims.
- Try to establish the buyer’s interest in what you are selling. Scammers rarely actually want the thing you are selling; they are after your money.
- Do not agree to any scheme that involves you receiving payment from an unknown third party, perhaps described as a client or associate of the buyer.
- Do not agree to pay anything yourself. A common scam involves you receiving a large payment from a fictional client of the buyer, far in excess of the value of the item that you are selling. You are then asked to pay the balance to your buyer as well as sending them the item.
- Do not disclose your bank account details to anyone.
Please be assured that there are many genuine customers out there, interested in what you have to sell. We simply want to make you aware of these dangers.
Display advertising and inserts
Display advertising space is for sale in both CMQ and Sunday by Sunday, and inserts can be placed in the quarterly mailing package with the magazines. For display advertising and inserts, please contact the Advertising Manager:
Stephen Dutton, Church Times, 13-17 Long Lane, London EC1A 9PN
T: +44 (0)20 7776 1011/2; F: +44 (0)20 7776 1017; E: email@example.com
The booking deadlines for display advertising are:
- 13 January (March issue)
- 13 April (June issue)
- 13 July (September issue)
- 13 October (December issue)
Advertisers in CMQ and Sunday by Sunday also receive a link on the RSCM website for no extra charge.
Go to advertisers’ links